Sunday, January 16, 2005

I started this blog in March of '04 and promptly forgot about it. It was a sad, sad opening post (much like this one). So I deleted it.

Today, it is a chilly day in Florida. The sky is overcast and the temperature is only supposed to be a high of 58°. I don't mind the cool days. I mind the changes from one weather system to another. My head is a barometer and my barometer displays pain.

This week, I visit 4 doctors. Two are routine upkeep medical visits (one for each end of my body, LOL). The third is my neurologist, for upkeep of my barometer. The fourth is a cardiologist. This is the new addition to my medical repertoire.

It seems I have been offered a TEE (transesophogeal echocardiogram) to ascertain if I have a hole in my heart. 20% of the population has a hole in their heart but there is a theory that migraineurs who have visual aura might have this hole. So far, the only thing I know is I might be at a heightened risk for stroke. First things first. I want to find out if I have the hole (PFO. patent foramen ovale) then I will go from there.

I also spend the lion's share of my day clickity clacking on this machine. I am unable to work due to my barometer. I am very fortunate that my husband is able to support us and he is not resentful of my disability.

I have met some wonderful folks here (on the Internet). I remember daydreaming about meeting people from all over the world and now I can. True, I will never see them face to face but I can exchange ideas, jokes, and information. That's enough for me.


No comments: