Saturday, June 11, 2005

Today was a pretty good day. I woke up at a stupid time (2 am) by 5, I had taken another sleeping pill and remained in bed until 11.

We went to our neighbor's house for a "block party". Despite the threat of inclement weather (tropical storm Arlene) the rain held off and we had a nice time. It was more of a "getting to know you" event. I met a few people from the neighborhood and it was very pleasant.

I was the first one to decide to leave. I am still woozy with my meds and figured 3 hours of socializing was enough. We have left over macaroni salad, ambrosia and strawberry shortcake! We are planning on having the other neighbors over for the cake and a feisty game of Mexican train.

Gee....if my 20 year old self could have seen what my 44 year old self considers a social life! I shudder to think what she'd say! LOL

I am off to watch tv and hopefully, to sleep!

No comments: