Saturday, October 21, 2006

I got a call from my son (#2). He was waiting for a bus to go back home. He had been upstate taking a course for his GED. He said he took the test, yesterday. He won't know the results for a couple of months.

He was very chatty and congenial. This is not like him usually. He told me some things that have happened in his past. They're not the things one wants to hear about one's child. He jumped from topic to topic.

He asked how I was, how my husband was and how his grandmother was. He inquired about my two cats and about the sports car my husband used to have. Then as quickly and as suddenly as the call started, he said he had to go.

He told me he loves me. I, of course, told him the same. It will probably be a very long time before I hear from him or speak to him again.

No comments: