It's a cool, late winter evening after a relatively warm day. I've had to shut the windows as the temperatures drop quite quickly once the sun goes down at this time of year.
My mother came for a 3 week visit (she left on Sunday)and we ate so well while she was here! She took us and me out to eat quite frequently during her stay. I have to say, the soft-shell crab sandwich was my favorite meal. Then, again, there was Afternoon Tea with its scones, clotted cream, lemon curd, tea sandwiches, fruit and tiny sweets. The pot of Earl Grey was the perfect accompaniment.
Next week, we are expecting 3 more house guests. Two miniatures and a regular sized one. The food will be different. More home cooking and more pedestrian fare. There will be a quick trip to Walt Disney World squeezed in but I am uncharacteristically sanguine about it.
My stupid head pain was in full force while my Mom was here. It has been pretty subdued this week, thankfully. I have managed some time on the treadmill (major for me, a pittance to anyone else). I have to figure out a way to handle all the walking in Disney.
The economy is the big news in the blogosphere. Dems are spending and Reps are sounding the alarms. Something has to be done. I am more confident in Barack Obama manning this ship. I wish him lots of success.
I must go make dinner....well, we're having breakfast for dinner....
Friday, March 06, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment