I am looking at my calendar and I either wrote "P 3-4" or "P 3-6". This is my brilliant code for when I started my last period. It is March 31st and my head is angry. It's the hormonal type migraine anger I am feeling. I am out of my super, duper pain meds and must rely on my so-so pain meds. I do have Frova but I fear the hormonal migraine monster (HMM)actually craves this drug.
With the clarity of a mental patient, I can see the HMM residing in the center of my brain, pretty much where the hippocampus is (which explains why my memory is so bad). It watched me swallow the "in name only" pain pills, the Phenergan and the Frova....with glee, I might add.
The HMM looks like the monster on monster.com. Yeah, you'd think I'd have a better imagination but green blob pretty much is it for me. My stomach is churning. I had egg salad sandwich...just one hard boiled egg and a dollop of low fat mayo on white toast. I didn't have anything that would churn my stomach.
Ah, my comrades in pain who post about their migraine trials and tribulations use such strong, wonderful, passionate language that I can feel every inch of it. Me? I'm wimping out.
And before you check my previous entry, I am aware that I posted today already. Maybe I won't post at all tomorrow! I know, you're not picking on me. Shoot....I am talking to myself now!
If you have the propensity to visualize me as I complain, I am in a weepy mood. I have mastered how to be this way without tears. Tears are detrimental. They make my head hurt more. I don't get the cleansing the average Joe or Joanne gets from a good cry. The best I can hope for is a red nose and a percocet.
I used to write poetry as a teen. Very syrupy, angst ridden rhymes whenever I broke up with a boyfriend. I never felt the urge to write prose at any other time. I still don't.
I IMed with a childhood friend today. We've known each other since we were 13 (yeah, 31 years). In fact, her husband was my boyfriend for about 4 months, way back when and I probably wrote a poem about him. Anyway, she is here in Florida, too, but not nearby. She's on the other coast and I haven't seen her in 3 years.
It's funny how we can still just pick up and chat like we did when we lived in NY and our kids were babies. We'd be on the phone (living in the same town) and scolding ourselves for not getting our housework done. We went through that embryonic stage of high school, right up to middle age where we are now.
I wonder if she is sick and tired of hearing about my migraines. I am not one to say "I'm fine" to someone I know. I don't go into gorey detail but I don't lie.
If you are out there reading this, thank you. I appreciate it.
Thursday, March 31, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I hear ya sister!
Post a Comment