&%*$)#@&^%@*
OK, glad I got that off my chest! Yup, icky again today. That time of the month! For about 30 years, about 5 days a month, 60 days a year....that adds up to 1800 days or almost 5 years! Who's STUPID idea was this? It had better be all a big cosmic accident. How could you be a woman and believe in a supreme being? What kind of a sadistic beast would come up with a reproductive cycle like this? especially when "He" is supposed to be all knowing, all able, all powerful. Water into wine, curing lepers, vision to the blind, and this is the best reproductive system? OK.....silly of me to get all angry with imaginery beings.
Last night I watched a DVD about Vincent Van Gogh. It was an A&E biography but it wasn't highly produced so I suspect it was from way back when (before A&E got into their groove). Vincent is my guy. I remember seeing one of his paintings at MOMA. I was floored by the thickness of the paint. I could see each brush stroke. I could feel him. I know that sounds so flakey but I could literally sense his intensity. The man has been dead for 115 years but his passion is there in his work.
Anyway, I didn't learn anything new last night, really. I was reminded of points of Van Gogh's life that I had forgotten (previous sibling named Vincent who died the year before he was born). His brother, Theo, named his son Vincent.
This picture (I hope this works) hangs in my breakfast nook:
http://www.allposters.com/IMAGES/151/GCL-142.jpg
Wednesday, April 06, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment