Tuesday, May 24, 2005

I am waiting for the cable guy to install my digital telephone service. He is supposed to be here between1-4PM. It's 3:17 PM.....he's not here, yet. I have never had a serviceman arrive at the early time of the time frame. I'd like to know who he goes to at 1 PM. You'd think the odds would be that I'd get service at the earliest, at least once, wouldn't you?

Head is so-so today. I've had to take some rescue meds but once the serviceman leaves, I must start dinner. There will be no rest for the weary today.

My sister's sister-in-law passed away this week. It was sudden and unexpected. I often wonder which is the better of the two evils, dying quickly without being sick or falling ill and lingering, then dying. Actually, the way she died was best for her. While lingering is not something anyone would choose, I imagine it helps the family come to terms with things (if they are honest about the impending death).

I understand the President will veto the bill by by Delaware Republican Mike Castle, which would allow federal funds to go toward embryonic stem cell research. For President Bush's sake, I certainly hope no one in his family would ever benefit from stem cell research. I really cannot stand this man. He opens his mouth and out pours ignorance at every turn.

It seems the Republicans, for the most part, are only interested in potential life (embryos) and life that is in name only (Terri Schiavo). They are more than willing to place our youngest and brightest on the line in order for our President to be a war time president. Then they cut federal spending on social welfare programs. I guess if you are between birth and death, you don't matter. If you are not even much more than a group of cells or are a vegetable without any hope of any semblance of life, the Republicans will do everything in their power to save you.

I just don't understand them.

No comments: