It's Thursday! We leave tomorrow for Walt Disney World! Hubby and I are celebrating our 6th wedding anniversary by spending a long weekend at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. This is our favorite of the all the resorts on Disney property. They have animals on-site! As far as I can tell (from my limited travel experience) this is resort makes you feel like you are on the dark continent of Africa.
We have reservations at Boma for breakfast one day. This is a marvelous buffet of authentic African fare and plenty of typical American breakfast food. You can have oatmeal, waffles, pancakes, French toast, pastries, eggs, omelets made to order, hash, sausage, bacon, ham, and so much more!
We also have reservations for Jiko. This is an upscale restaurant at the AKL. We've only been here once before (for our 2nd wedding anniversary). If you are interested in the menu there, here is a link: http://www.allearsnet.com/menu/menu_jiko.htm I am having a difficult time deciding! I will probably gravitate towards some seafood.
We haven't been to Disney since December when my husband's family was here. There are some new attractions and the parks are celebrating Disneyland's 50th anniversary. So I am eager to see the new things.
My kitty cat will remain home as she will be fine for 3 days. In fact, it will be more like 2½ from the time I feed her on Friday morning until we return on Sunday evening. That's the great thing about cats. You can leave them for a couple days and they manage.
I have gotten all my medications put into smaller bottles so I can have them with me. You just never know when my old friend 'migraine' will stop by and demand to be noticed!
Staying on property is a great because it allows me to return to the resort should my old friend decide he wants more meds that will make me incapable of enjoying the theme parks.
I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. I am planning on it!
Thursday, May 19, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment