My Mother's Day was great. My husband made breakfast for me (blueberry pancakes and bacon, a cup of Earl Grey and a glass of orange juice). He cleaned up the mess, too!
My older son called me! I was thrilled. I told him he made my day. He seemed surprised at that. I remember being that age and thinking it would take a lot more than a phone call to make my day. Well, not any more!
I didn't do anything all day. My husband took me to Ruby Tuesday for dinner. It was so leisurely.
My sister and brother-in-law flew back home. They have the undesirable task of informing my mother that her cat died. They were going to take him to the vet on Saturday but found him dead when they woke up.
My younger son told them he wouldn't come out of the bedroom. He brought the food to the cat but the cat wouldn't eat. The fact that he brought the food to him redeems my son a percentage point or two. He has been such a beast these past few years. I wasn't sure there was anything left of the little boy I raised. Maybe there's hope.
Laundry is the order of the day. I think I actually like doing laundry. It's just the two of us so socks and things don't seem to go missing like they did when I lived with my kids. It's much more orderly.
Wednesday is my next neuro appointment. I guess I'll get the results of the MRI then. I will also have to tell him I haven't set up an appointment for a sleep evaluation, yet. I don't want to do it.
Monday, May 09, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment