I am a spam magnet! I get phished at least 3 times a day. It is usually eBay or PayPal. Once a week or so, I get phished by a bank.
Phishing is phoney email you get that looks legitimate. Its sole purpose is for you to click on a link and provide information to the phisher. (social security number, credit card number, account number).
I always forward the offending email to the legitimate owner of the name they are using. For example, I just had to forward one to eBay. If it is a bank, I look them up on google.com and go to their website. It has become a game for me to see how quickly I can navigate the site to find their Internet security page. From there, I forward the email to their dedicated email address for this nonsense.
Other than the phishing email, I get plenty of email about buying drugs online, increasing my "virile output", congratulating me on my low rate mortgage approval, email to encourage me to invest, and so on and so forth.
I always block the sender's email address but there are more there to take up the slack. It's annoying and I am tempted to obtain another email address just to start anew. I won't, though. I am too stubborn and too lazy. I've had this email address (on and off) for over 5 years. It's mine!
My tummy is on the fritz tonight. I don't know why. At least my head isn't too bad. Have a good weekend!
Friday, June 24, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment