OK, where do I start? My husband came home to no dinner, no clean sheets (I'm particularly anal about how often I wash the sheets) and my hang-dog face, supine on the couch. (I just looked up supine and it is not correct but I want to use a fancy word...it means to lie face up or face down....I am always on my side on the couch. If you know a fancy word for lying on your side, let me know).
I am so weird.....reading this blog must be like watching a David Lynch movie or reading Tennessee Williams, only I am not anywhere near their caliber in quality...just similarly confusing.
My husband was ever so gentle with me. I love that about him. He had gotten a sub sandwich for his dinner (I told him I didn't want a thing) and kept me company for a while. Then he headed to the office and listened to his new Toby Keith CD. I remained on the couch and watched "Love Story". I had never watched it from start to finish before.
Oh, why couldn't I perish on the couch as lovely as Ali McGraw did in the movie? Why? Because I am an overweight, borderline depressed, migraineur who has some freaky tropical disease! I have a wonderfully, witty cyber friend who could do much better justice to a description of me and my affliction....yes, "Jen" (ha, ha) I mean you!
Before I concern my wonderful cyber friends, I am feeling better. I am just melodramatic. I think perhaps this virus has taken up residence in the weepy, "woe is me" part of my brain and flipped the switch. Hopefully, I will bounce back and stop being so self centered....one more day....that'll do it.
OK...back to this long, boring story. Wonderful hubby goes to bed about 11, I go in there at 11:04-ish and tell him that another gallon of liquid waste has been sent to the waste water facility in our town. I half expected to hear sirens and boil water alerts but I guess they can handle it.
Now, my guilt. After comforting me, I went back on the couch (insomnia with Lunesta...arghhh!!!) and my husband comes out of what used to be "our" bedroom, fully dressed. Long story short...he went to Wal-Mart (24 hour store) and got me some Immodium.
I felt terrible. He had worked 10 hours in the 95° hot sun fixing ATMs all day and what do I do but compel him to go out at near midnight. Well, the Immodium finally worked after I had taken the maximum dosage in 24 hours (which I managed in about 2 hours).
So, now my intestines are paralyzed (yes, a friend of mine with IBS told me her doctor told her that Immodium is an intestinal paralyzer). I finally fell asleep sometime after 3 AM. The cat woke me up at 6:30.
By now my head is pounding and I have no pain meds or triptans. I doubt if they'd work anyway. My pain med is a drug that I have to sign for when delivered by mail...yeah, you guessed it, they left a note in the mailbox that I could pick it up at the post office or call and have it delivered tomorrow. Hubby went to the PO this morning and got it for me.
So, I took one about an hour ago and it is now starting to work. I am 100% sure it just would have gone down the river rapids of my digestive track had I not taken the Immodium last night.
Tomorrow, I have an appointment with the sleep center doctor. Let me rephrase that....I had
an appointment....it's been canceled. This is the 2nd time. I cannot drive with only 3-4 hours of sleep per night. It sounds stupid, doesn't it? This is the sleep doctor but I am too tired to see him!
I am fully briefed on the Karl Rove situation, the missing girl, Natalee, in Aruba, the phenomenon of Harry Potter, that NBC reruns the Tonight Show at about 2 in the morning, that Joel Osteen (that preacher in the south with the bazillion parishoners) is very cute but I can't swallow that much sugar at one time. Are there really people like that in real life? I can bet that there are none in NY state. You are not allowed to be like that in NY state, some sort of a rule or something, I'm sure.
Alrighty then...I have placed fingers on keyboard and vented. I certainly hope I am on the mend. I am very sure I have some wonderful friends out there in cyber space. I just wish I knew you guys personally. Maybe someday...
Tuesday, July 19, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
£eslie,
I am SO glad that you are feeling better!!
I also giggled through your entire post. I love your use of our bizare language. Very fresh and original.
I wish I knew more fancy words for you... I'm proud of myself that I knew what supine meant, lol!
Well, take care and make sure to keep drinking water. Just because your bowels are paralized doesn't mean that your body has enough hydration. ;)
Hugs,
Tracy
Post a Comment