Thursday, August 25, 2005


9PM EDT, Thursday, August 25, 2005. Hurricane Katrina is about to make landfall. This is really a hoot. Katrina is about to crash the MTV party in Miami, then cross the peninsula and exit Florida near Ft. Meyers. Then (this is the hoot part) it is predicted to make a hard right in the Gulf of Mexico and possibly head east and crash back into Florida!

Of course, as we learned last hurricane season, all of these possible scenarios are just educated guesses. Hurricanes have minds of their own. We shall see what Katrina has up her sleeve when all is said and done.

Still no word from my older son. I did speak to his father who said they were at a casino in New England and my son was playing poker. Maybe he won the jackpot and is now living the high life. Not that I'd ever know. My son is not a communicator!

Younger son is still working (hurray!). School should be starting in about 2 weeks. Had he cooperated, he'd be a senior in high school this year. I'd settle for a minimal effort and passing grades at this point.

My hubby's computer is still giving him fits. It is still operating extremely slowly. He has downloaded a fix from PC Pitstop but that doesn't seem to have helped. Along with some work disappointments, this hasn't been my husband's week.

My head is properly medicated. My brain is bouncing around in my skull in a cocktail of narcotics, which would be enough to knock a horse off its feet. To borrow a Pink Floyd phrase....I've become comfortably numb.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Leslie,

You ok? I'm watching the news and Katarina looks pretty freaky! email me. :)