It's a quarter to 6 PM and I am sitting here in front of my computer (where else?). I've had a pretty uneventful day. I took the standard amount of pills, for my standard amount of pain. I can't complain because I could very easily find myself without those pills and in a considerable amount of pain!
I am still unable to reach my first born on his cell phone. I have stopped leaving voice-mail. I am sure he has caller ID. I can take a hint ;-(
There is something wrong my husband's PC. Luckily, he also has a laptop. If he didn't, I'm sure he'd be crawling the walls by now. Yes, we are both mightily addicted to our computers. ;-)
It has been brought to my attention (and to my friend's attention) that we are very similar in our thoughts. The oddity is we seem to have them at the same time even though, we have never met, never heard either one on the phone, we are at least 1300 miles apart and not even contemporaries.
I enjoy the comraderie I get from this cyber friendship. She is in a similar boat (migraine) and we seem to appreciate each other's morose humor. There is no need for insulin in our conversations. Neither one of us spills any sugar!
She has generously offered me the third floor of her house should I ever find myself without a home. I don't know why I didn't mention it in my email but she is also welcome in my home should the need ever arise. I already know I can afford to feed her! I don't have an entire floor for her, though. She would have to settle for a 11 x 12 bedroom.
I received a coupon for a free package of Keebler E.L Fudge cookies (up to $3.49). I have handed it over to my husband so he can pick some up on one of his forays into Wal-Mart or Publix. While I am the one in charge of grocery shopping, mostly he stops by to supplement the things I forget or we have a hankering for.
I rarely leave the house. It's working out well considering the price of gasoline. We've had our Ford Escape for 2 years this November. We have travelled up to NY and back twice with it. It only has about 12000 miles on it. When I was working, I'd put at least 15000 miles on my vehicle.
I now have my favorite daytime television shows. These are shows I watch when my migraine addled brain cannot imagine being in here computing. Good Morning America, followed by Live with Regis and Kelly, then The Today Show continuation. I then proceed to The View and at noon, Connected Coast to Coast with Ron Reagan and Monica Crowley. At 1:00 PM, I watch CNN or other cable news channel. By 3:00 PM, it's Dr. Phil and Oprah at 4:00PM. If I am still not off the couch, I watched the second portion of Connected Coast to Coast at 5:00, local news at 6:00 and World News Tonight at 7:00 (formerly with Peter Jennings).
OK...have I bored you yet? I have found I enjoy political shows which show both sides of an issue (such as Connected's format). I used to like watching Dennis Miller's prime time show but I guess it didn't have the ratings for it to continue.
I canceled my Netflix membership. I was finding myself not watching movies I had rented. We are going to have a "sneak preview" of 6 movie channels over the Labor Day weekend. Chances are, I will have already seen all the movies they are going to broadcast.
Well, it's now 6:15. You know what shows I missed! I have to go check on the London Broil out on the grill. I wish you all a wonderful evening meal and a good night's rest.
Monday, August 22, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment