Saturday, August 20, 2005

My first baby was born on this date, 21 years ago. It sure hurt. The Lamaze breathing method does not work for undisciplined folks like me. I had my first shot of Demerol that day. I fell instantly asleep until the next contraction. I slept no more after that until after my son's birth.
He was adorable as all babies are. His nose was blue from it rubbing down my backbone during delivery. That is what hurt so much. I wonder if it hurt him? He came in at 7lbs., 11 oz. and 21 inches tall. My perfect baby.
Throughout my son's childhood, he remained bright and inquisitive. He was placed in the school's gifted program and even was tested by Johns Hopkins Universirty's gifted program. He took the SATs in 6th grade and scored in the 900's. Not too shabby considering his age.
We couldn't afford to send him to their summer camp for gifted children. I doubt he would have wanted to go. He loves sports (soccer and baseball mostly). So he spent his summers playing instead of studying.
I called him this morning but only got his voicemail. I sure hope he is available later. I miss my baby, my little boy and now my young man.

No comments: