Tuesday, August 16, 2005

I've pried myself off the couch, off my ice pack (the right side of my face is frozen) to come in here. Why? I don't know. I called my hubby I guess to warn him of my stiuation (daily pain). He must be so fed up with me.

I have no recourse. If my husband were to say, "Leslie, I cannot take this anymore. We have to separate/divorce, " I have no place to go. My Mom is selling her house in NY and now lives with my sister and b-i-l in VA. I can't even think about it.

I need a psychiatrist. I need mental help. I am going to try to be brave enough to ask my doctor tomorrow if he can recommend someone for me to see. Maybe even in place of the sleep doctor. I don't want to go to the sleep doctor.

If my husband doesn't leave me, will my neuro leave me? I wouldn't get any alimony from my neuro, would I?

Sloppy Joes are on the menu tonight, with corn on the side. It sounds like a school lunch. And my stomach is churning up the acid as I think about it.

Mr. Migraine Monster.....what do I have to do to get a divorce from you? Aren't you the least bit infuriated that I cheat on you, regularly, with my neurologist? Gee whiz, some guys can't take a hint!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Leslie,

Good to see that you haven't lost your sense of humour, even when you're in pain. I just want to say one thing: Don't be afraid to see a sleep doctor. I saw one and they were so totally helpful. Plus, if you have sleep apnea or any other physical problem when you sleep, they can find out about it and treat it, usually without drugs (yay! we have enough of those as it is, lol). I was able to be treated completely naturally and it was WONDERFUL! I'd had chronic insomnia since I was 12 and all my doctors just kept putting me on more and more drugs of stronger and stronger dosages until I was completely hooked on them. It was horrible coming off of all those meds. And don't you just love how they never tell you a certain med is going to be addictive? Anyway, going to that sleep doctor was the best thing I ever could have done for myself.

About the psychiatrist, ask for a "psychologist" instead. Psychiatrists prescribe and are more like doctors, whereas psychologists help you deal with emotions. They're really wonderful. Best wishes. Send your husband to the spouses forum so he can vent to my husband and vice versa. lol

Moogle said...

Leslie,

If your husband leaves, you can come live with me, ok? Although that would mean coming out to the Pacific Northwest... Think you can haddle it?? :)

I so love your humor! I think it's healthy to be able to laugh at our condition. Since I seem to be humorless, you prop me up.

Hugs,
Tracy