Friday, August 12, 2005

Just another Friday night in August. The thunderstorms aren't in my county this time! The mugginess is here, though. How did people live in Florida before air conditioning? My dad lived in Tampa as a child during the Depression. My grandfather was a carpenter and they moved down south (from Long Island) for a couple of years. I remember my father taking us to see the house he lived in (back in the '70s). Imagine, he could remember where the house was over 40 years later. He was only about 8 or 9 years old when he lived in Tampa.

My Mom is selling her house. That means no more trips to Long Island for me. If I want to see my kids, they're going to have to come here. I am a teeny bit melancholy about the house but I have to admit I really don't like visiting it anyway.

Now, onto my head. I fianlly figured out why it has been giving me fits. I got my 'friend' today. Last month, it was a week late. This month, it's a week early. Is this how menopause starts?

I was thinking about babies today. My first one will be 21 years old in a few days. I'd love a newborn to cuddle. When both my kids were tiny, I didn't mind getting up in the middle of the night with them. They were so precious. They still are but they won't let me hold them like I used to do.

I am getting all misty eyed thinking about it. To tell you the truth, had I known my first marriage was going to fail, I would never have had kids. Their lives were wrenched around by me and it just wasn't fair to them. I wish they had had a better mother.

My husband is on his way home (fingers crossed). He stopped for Chinese food but I had already eaten a fish stick tv dinner (yuck). The cat ate some of the breading on one of the fish sticks. She doesn't like fish but I guess the breading was ok. It came with some watery macaroni and cheese and a brownie. The brownie was pretty good.

Speaking of brownies, I just heard that you can bake a cake in a crock pot. I saw it on tv...the Today show or one of those. I am going to go see about that on the Internet. It sounds great since it is too hot to be using the oven.

Happy Weekend!

No comments: