Peter Jennings died last night. It wasn't a total shock considering his diagnosis. Yet, I am sad. He was the man in my living room every night, telling me what was going on in the world. Brokaw and Rather just didn't do it for me. I find it hard to believe Mr. Jennings was 67. He certainly didn't look it. A very handsome man with such dignity. My heart goes out to his wife and children.
I don't know how to handle death. I know the polite things one does when attending a funeral. I've even had to be one of the principals at a funeral (when my Dad died 16 years ago). It is so surreal. I was married for almost 6 years when my Dad passed away. I had both of my children by then so I was happy my Dad got to see them.
The most touching part was when my girlhood friends showed up to support me. That meant so much to me and I will never forget that. That is why I try to attend funerals when appropriate. I didn't understand why it was important until it was important to me.
Now, onto my health...yes, my head is starting to throb. I am feeling sinusy. Sorry if I am being too technical here but that's just me ;-)
I am getting the right side of my head type of pain and the right nostril is getting stopped up. The weather report has us under a 70% chance of thunderstorms, which I have found to be quite a certainty here in Florida.
I remember an elderly neighbor when I was a kid. Her name was Margie and she had this sort of cuckoo clock looking thing (but smaller). If the weather was going to be nice, two little children figures would come out and if it was going to be icky weather, a witch came out! Well, I'm the witch! I certainly can predict when the bad weather is going to come out!
I am awaiting a telephone call from a member of the discussion forum I participate in. It's so exciting as it will be the first time I have ever spoken with her! I don't know why we've taken so long to do this! I am hoping my head will cooperate.
Monday, August 08, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment