I participate in discussion forums. This is something I posted in response to a GWB supporter:
>>President Bush, as with all presidents, has done his share of good and bad things, dependent on the view of the beholder. Some of the statements you pasted here are good things.
In my book, none come close to making up for the BIG BAD THING he did. He has us in a quagmire in Iraq. I am not a statesman nor a politico but I could see this mess coming. Why couldn't he? Why?
It doesn't help that I personally am irritated by the sound of his voice, the gestures he makes when speaking, the uneducated mispronounciations, I could go on and on.
I know they are not concrete reasons for not liking the man. Yet, should I ever meet someone who sounds like him or looks like him or has gestures like him, I will be instantly repulsed. Much the same way as I have an aversion to chocolate sprinkles. I ate too many as a child and got sick. So to this day, I don't like chocolate sprinkles. They make me sick. Imagine.....50% of this country not liking chocolate sprinkles! That would be quite a large group of people.<<
Now, you may wonder why I copied and pasted this here. Well, I just realized something. If you are one of my migraine friends, this is going to sound so obvious to you!
The chocolate sprinkle story is one of my childhood migraine attacks! It just dawned on me that I didn't get sick because I ate too much chocolate....I got sick because I am a migraineur and ate chocolate! I am sure of it! Childhood migraine attacks are often accompanied by vomitting. Duh!
Tuesday, September 13, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
hitting "next blog" and came across yours. totally agree, as do most Canadians; frightening that there are those who still support Bushie, as I like to refer to him. The man deserves no respect. BTW you can get rid of the spammers by putting on a word verification.
Cathy
Leslie;
No problem bookmarking.
I am not sure which link you mean.
I see you got the word verification figured out; it should work, it worked for me. Cheers,
Cathy in Canada
Post a Comment