We did a good deed today. There is a family from New Orleans who had fled to Orlando during the storm. Well, they are now living in our town thanks to some truly kind people on the local discussion forum.
My husband and I planned on taking over a computer we had and weren't using anymore. We made plans to meet the family at their home at noon. I woke up at noon!
No, I wasn't luxuriating and being decadent. I was up until past 4 am. This time, I took 3 sleeping pills before I calmed down enough to fall asleep. It is torture. Insomnia is worse than pain. It is sheer torture.
We managed to arrive at 12:30....not too bad. They are in a new duplex and have received so many things! The local Sears store donated a brand new washer and dryer. Actually, the owners of the store did it (it is one of those small appliance Sears stores) and they paid for it themselves.
Someone else donate a pick-up truck for one of the sons who needs to get a job. Truly amazing people in this town! The people, along with the Internet as a tool has really come through for this family.
So, I am not going to be morose in this post. I am going to end on a happy note. My thoughts are with those who lost loved ones on 9/11.
Sunday, September 11, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment