Monday, November 14, 2005

My migraine pain arrives on the tide. The pain laps at the shore of the inflamed nerves in my head. It withdraws and returns ever so slightly more fierce with the next wave. As I sink further and further down into the wet sand of the shore, the pain increases geometrically as I decrease. Soon, there will be nothing more than a slight depression where I once stood. The pain having sucked me down into the muck beneath the waves.

I will be gone but my migraine will be here to mark my disappearance. Oddly enough, some folks will see this migraine hologram and not notice it is not me. It does a good impersonation but surely I am distinguishable from it? They will converse with this impostor and comment on the pain they perceive in its face and posture. When I am released by the migraine's mighty hold, it is easier to just accept the duplicity than to explain the situation to those who don't understand.

Ah, now the pain turns from its water torture to a flat out attack with sharp weapons. Only the best for me as I have a shiny chrome hatchet in the side of my head. I see folks with eyebrow rings and pierced lips and wonder if they somehow crave the pain I suffer with daily? Surely they cannot think this fashion. Perhaps they have an invisible disease, too. They just want the world to acknowledge it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My depression is relieved quite a bit since the telephone call from my older son. He has had power over me for 21 years but is blissfully unaware of it. I don't think he realizes how much I love him. I think he thinks I love his brother more. That is simply not the case. If there was a way to measure love in inches or pounds, I am sure the volume I have is equal in both children. What is different is the perspective from which it comes. The older son comes from a different part of me than the younger son. Yet, as I said, it is all equal.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I just read a very clever blog entry. I'm not sure if the rules allow links to other blogs. The name of the blog is http://www.waiterrant.net/ and the clever post is "Giving the Foodies What They Want". It would be a perfect episode on Tales from the Crypt. In fact, I think I heard the Crypt Keeper's maniacal cry at the end of the post. If you get the energy to search for it, let me know what you think. There are so many clever people who are not earning their living with their mind. I sure hope they will soon.

No comments: