Small things can really mean a lot. My older son has been incommunicado for about 2 months. I have left messages on his cell phone voice mail that run the gamut from pitiful to guilt inflicting.
Today, I called his number again. After 3 rings it goes into voicemail so I hung up just after the 3rd ring. About a minute later, he called me back! My son called me back! Yes, I know, big deal.....well, it is a big deal!
He asked if he could call me later as he was just heading into class (college). I said that was fine. I told him I love him and miss him. Even if he doesn't call me back, I feel so much better since he called.
I am actually near tears here and that is not me. Or, at least, it never used to be me. I hope he calls me again. I shouldn't have to sit here wishing for a call from my son but that is what I am reduced to doing.
I cannot believe the difference this telephone call has made in my demeanor. I have been moping around for over a month and blamed it on my fluctuation depression. Could it be I was severely concerned about my son and internalizing the anguish? Yeah, that's most likely the diagnosis.
I will tell him but I don't want to freak him out. My mother's emotional dependence pushes me away. I suppose mine can do the same to my son.
I got a post card from the Walt Disney World lost and found department. I called and they told me I left my swimsuit in the hotel room! I don't know how I could have left it behind except the littlest grandson was running around with it in the room. I suppose it was on the floor under the bedspread. It's nice to know Disney cares enough to send it back to me. Good show, Disney!
I guess I will float around here on cloud 9 for a while. I'll let you know if my son calls me back.
Monday, November 07, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment