Ah, it's Friday...the day all 9-5ers dream of. As long as it is a non-on-call week for my husband, it is pretty nice for me, too. We can look forward to 2 days when his employer has no control over our lives.
Hubby told me he hasn't taken his best girl out in a while so we're going out to eat tonight. It won't be anything fancy. We're both craving some barbecue! The local place (a chain in the Southeast) has great baby back ribs. What we usually do is each order the salad bar and then a full rack of ribs to share. Their regular ribs are blech! Their baby back ribs are awesome!
Now, I am teetering on the pain fence again. I know my head is going to follow the well worn path it takes. I just don't know if it will be sooner or later. I have taken my 2nd dose of my daily pain medication along with a few doses of breakthrough pain medication earlier in the day.
I am very tempted to call my hubby and ask him to grab a pizza (or whatever passes as pizza in Florida) and bring it home to me. I crave an ice pack and a feather pillow. I could watch Dan Abrams and the panel of people he gathers argue about the Duke Lacrosse rape case. While I like Dan, I am really tired of this case. Who cares? I wish there was some other legal story in the news to take the place of this one.
Yeah, I am clinging to the fence with the crook of my leg behind my knee. I am trying to pull myself up and at least appear to have a grasp on myself. Nah, it's not happening! There I go, thump, into the patch of dirt I have worn into the grass. The migraine monster has swallowed up my reserve energy. Pizza-like-food-product it is!
Friday, April 28, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment