Saturday, April 29, 2006

April 29, 1989, yeah, 17 years ago. No, not the birth of one of my children but the birth of my kitty cat, Indy. We had just seen "Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade" in the theatre so named her after Harrison Ford's character.

Anyway, I never had a birthday party or anything like that for my cat. I just knew the day she was born and always remembered it. I've never known the actual birth date of any other cats I've owned other than Indy.

I called my sons today and actually made contact with the younger one! He said he couldn't talk as he was at work. I asked when he got off and he said he didn't know. So I asked when he started work tomorrow. He knew the answer to that one. I told him I'd call him before work tomorrow. I also told him my usual (I love you and I miss you) and he told me he loved me. I know that can be a phrase a person says just to end a conversation. I choose to believe he means it. After all, what's not to love? ;-)

We went grocery shopping today. We spent $167 and change. I always spend more money when my husband comes with me. I just couldn't drive there myself this past week. I was not up to driving today but the cupboards were bare. So, my wonderful hubby drove me. I think I have spent so many 'marbles' that I need to refinance. I just don't know what financial (migraine) institution would extend credit to me when I have a poor credit rating as far as marbles go. Yes, I tend to lose my marbles as quickly as I spend them.

No comments: