Friday, March 25, 2005

I've been keeping an Excel spreadsheet tracking my migraine pain level. This is to take to my doctor in April (I'm hoping a visual graph will impress him). I started March 1st. It's depressing! On a scale of 1-10, the lowest my pain has been was a 5!

I tell a lie. Yesterday, it was a 3. I was thrilled. I got a lot done around the house. A lot done, for me, that is. By last night, my pain was an 8. I put a 3 down on the chart with a "YIPEE!!!" next to it. Then, parenthetically, I mentioned it going to an 8 by bedtime.

It's holding at about a 7 right now. I have no pain meds left so I subsist on the occasional triptan. In a perfect world, I'd have a morphine drip to accompany me wherever I went. I'd accessorize it with bangles and beads. Who am I kidding? I wouldn't. I can't be bothered.

But wait....maybe I'd feel like it if I had the morphine? A girl can dream, can't she?

No comments: