Monday, June 27, 2005

Shakil, a middle aged man in Pakistan who participates at our migraine forum, is in dire straits. His post today states he feels that he is dying. He is finding it difficult to breathe and there is blood when he vomits.

I have no idea what to do to help him. I am ½ a world away. I am of very modest means. Are Pakistanis allowed into our country at will? Or do they need to obtain a visa? I could have this man stay at my home and perhaps help him with his migraine condition. Actually, I suspect having him stay here would be so much more comfortable than his own home. He'd be pleased enough with a comfortable bed and air conditioning.

I don't even have a handle on my own migraine condition. I feel utterly useless.

The Internet has allowed me to communicate with so many people all over the world. I didn't think it was going to make me sad. This poor man is crying out for help. What do I do?

No comments: