Monday, July 11, 2005


Oddly enough, it's Monday. My internal calendar is so screwed up! Ever since I exited the workforce, I have been having a hard time knowing what day it is. I can tell if it is a weekend day or a week day by the presence of my husband. (should you wish to do this yourself, just dig a 2 foot deep hole in your yard and plant your husband in it. If he sees his shadow, it's a week day).

Seriously, though, I thought today was a Wednesday or a Thursday. That doesn't make sense because I just spent 2 days with my husband (planted in the yard). I should have that subconscious memory telling me today is 'different'...you know, that UGHHHH it's Monday different feeling.

I suppose this could all be attributed to the pain meds I take. They've finally eaten away at enough synapses so the connection is no longer working. I am probably the only person alive today of whom you can say , "in one ear and out the other" with validity!

I am in pain today. Well, I was in pain. I swallowed the pretty, blue pills and I am artificially placated. I wonder if there is a subconscious part of me which feels the pain but my brain doesn't acknowledge it? Oh wait..I forgot..my brain doesn't work properly. The pain is piling up at the canyon which used to be a connection to the next brain cell. I imagine, when the pain piles up enough, it is going to spill into the ravine of my former intelligence and then take over the gray matter. I wonder if the pain will then have thoughts of its own? Imagine what it would look like on an MRI or CT scan.

Tomorrow is a re-PAP test. I barely passed the last one (I didn't study), so I have to do it again. I had an appointment for about two weeks ago but thought it was the day after. Silly me. It's a good thing PAP tests are not done on brains....I'd be in big trouble.






1 comment:

Moogle said...

£eslie,

While your pain is no laughing matter, your post gave me an ironic smile. Great imagery!

Hugs,
Tracy