September 9th. I remember this is the birthday of a childhood friend. I remember this because it always seemed that the first day of school fell on her birthday. We drifted apart as we grew older. I guess we were about 10 or 11 years old the last time we spent any time in each other's company. Well, today she is 45. I don't know where she lives or if she has kids or anything about her, but I do know she is 45 today. Happy Birthday.
One of my acquaintences at a discussion board I frequent, sent me pictures of his family. There was something that triggered a memory for me, in those pictures and I started crying. If you are reading this, I am not blaming you. I am just going through the process of how my mind works. Keep sending the pictures. I enjoy them.
Anyway, I try my darnedest never to cry. It just ends up with me in pain, migraine pain. I have been waking up lately feeling clinically depressed. In fact, I am sitting here in my nightgown and it's creeping up on 3 in the afternoon. I have no ambition to shower and get dressed. I will, before my poor husband comes home and sees me like this. This messy hairdo looked sexy on Brigitte Bardot but, on me, it's just disgusting.
I need a haircut. I used to spend untold hours on my hair. Then I got married and had kids. There's no time for hair after that. I don't care who cuts my hair anymore. If they goof, it'll grow back. I am not a Wal-Mart fan (I am snobby) but I was in there a few months ago and noticed the hair salon had no customers. I went in and allowed a Wal-Mart beautician to cut my hair. She did fine. I don't have it blown dry because it's cheaper to walk out with it wet! I bet I am spending less on my hair now than I did 25 years ago. That's amazing considering the rate of inflation since then.
Hurricane Ophelia is now back to tropcial storm status. The eye of the storm is approximately 125 miles due east of Daytona Beach. She is heading north northeast and may very well make a right hook and head back west towards land, oh and as a hurricane to boot. The problem is, which state will she choose? I think Florida has had its fair share of hurricane landfalls lately. I'm willing to share the glory with another state!
I think I'll stop here, today.
Friday, September 09, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment