Thursday, September 29, 2005

The sun is setting earlier and earlier. Summer is over but the heat is still on. On, because I live near the furnace. Soon, hurricane season will be over and I can watch the national news with one eye. I can pity the folks in the blizzards and noreasters as I don my t-shirt and shorts. I can stand on line to ride Pirates of the Caribbean, looking forward to the blast of cold air as I enter the building in which it is housed.

Yes, Florida has its good points. From May to October, it is brutal (with July, August and September being extremely so). At Christmas time, I can have my windows open and smell the fresh air wafting in.

There will be some days when I will have to turn the heat pump on. This is what my air conditioning system is called as it retrieves heat from the ground and pumps it into my house. It is not the most efficient heating system in the world. I certainly wouldn't want it if I was in the snowbelt. Plus, vaulted ceilings are not economically sound if you are trying to keep the house warm. Yet, it all works fine for our cozy cottage near the sea....in Florida.

I need a haircut! I can't stand it much longer. My problem is I don't feel like venturing out early in the morning. By the time I pull myself together, I have already had to take a pain pill. I don't want to drive while on those things. I have done it and found it to be no problem. I am just concerned that my perception of how well I am driving is prejudiced. So, I will await the perfect moment when the sun, stars and planets align in just the right fashion. Then I will get my hair cut.

My head! How could I forget to report on that big rock sitting on my shoulders? It is not particularly happy today. It was at about a 6 on the migraine pain scale. That's just slightly above my normal. I did take a triptan and anti-emetic and a pain pill. They handled it just fine. I am actually feeling a bit groggy almost like I feel when my period is just about to arrive. I am two weeks early for that, though.

We are headed to WDW in mid-October. We want to enjoy the Food and Wine Festival. I won't drink the wine but I sure would eat the food! I was hoping we could get ressies at one of their less expensive resorts for this weekend. No such luck ;-( It's a shame because Kansas is going to be performing in Epcot. Oh well.

We are also going to WDW with the youngest daughter and her family on Nov. 1. Actually, we're just doing the MK since the kids are very young (1½ and 4). We're really looking forward to that. WDW is so much more fun with little ones in tow.

1 comment:

Cathy said...

Hi Leslie;
In some ways I am envious of your climate, but nothing beats a white Christmas...and the weather really isn;t as bad here as most Americans think!