Friday, November 25, 2005

This morning I set about signing onto my computer and found a note left by my husband. It seems our Internet provider was not working. Our telephone is hooked into this system so I had no telephone service, either.

So, I decided to go grocery shopping. I hadn't done that in quite a long time. I was out for about 1½ hours. I returned home just as my head started up with a migraine. Nothing new there!

I put the groceries away and made some Kraft macaroni and cheese for myself for lunch. I was just sitting down when I heard the garage door opening. It was just about noon and my husband was home.

He hasn't been home for lunch in a quite a long time. I went out to greet him and ask him how he managed to get the time to come home for lunch. That was when he told me his news.

He had spent the entire morning in the emergency room. He had been experiencing chest pain and pain in his left arm (completely in tune with a heart problem). They did all sorts of tests on him and determined his heart was fine. They prescribed Toradol (and I think they gave him a shot of it) and he started to feel better.

I am not placated. I think he needs to have some sort of a test done with dye to determine if he has any sort of a blockage. I feel terrible that I wasn't around to get his call (or get the call from the hospital). Actually, our phone wasn't working so I wouldn't have gotten the call even if I was home.

I am worried. I am the one with the health problems. That is my job.

No comments: