Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Ariel Sharon has had a major stroke. Why am I so overly upset about the Prime Minister of Israel?

The West Virginia miners' situation is weighing extremely heavy on my mind. Why?

Neither of these two situations affects me in the least. Yet, my empathy buttons are depressed full board!


The above is the beginning of my thought, which I posted at the migraine page (Ronda's).

I have spent today trying to catch up with my reality. I did some laundry and vacuumed. I cleaned the litter pan (if you do not have a cat, you can't possibly understand this chore, fully!). I have eaten oatmeal and jello and pizza. Sounds pretty exciting, huh?

It's 7:15 PM EST and I am eagerly looking forward to the 8 o'clock hour...perhaps 8:30-ish. Then I can take my sleeping medication and hopefully SLEEP!!!

I spoke to my sister again today and my mother. I left messages on my sons' voicemails. I spoke to my husband about an hour ago. No back-up technicians tonight or tomorrow so I will probably be all alone both nights.

Some guy tried to sell my husband some citrus type cleaner, on Monday....a door to door salesman. I thought those went the way of dial telephones and current Brady Bunch episodes? The cleaner was over $30! I was languishing on the couch while my husband listened to the guy's schpiel (sorry, my Yiddish isn't so hot).

What gets me is my husband saw this guy at the door before he answered it. Me? I never would've answered the door. I cannot stand feeling uncomfortable like that. I can't say 'no'.

I don't know how often this happened but it is imprinted on my brain. I remember always getting school shoes and they hurt my feet....because I couldn't tell the shoe salesman 'no'! I have a visual remembrance of my mom sitting next to me and me lying through my teeth that the shoes were fine. I'd get home and never wear them!

I had no concept of working on commission at that age but I sensed I would adversely affect the salesperson if I said no to the shoes. If you know me at all, you would never think I ever considered anyone's feelings. I am so blunt and abrupt. It's a dichotomy? Is that the right word? Shoot, I wish I had gone to college!

For those of you who emailed me, I am going to email you back now. I hope you can forgive me if I write a group letter. I won't divulge your addresses to one another. I will just copy and paste and email each individually.

Oh my gosh....why is my brain running on and on and on? I can't seem to shut it up!

No comments: