Wednesday, January 04, 2006

It's January 4. I am on the backside of my crisis (I hope). I can't stay here long. I will post, below, the contents of my email to my sister. I haven't the energy to compose a new train of thought. Thank you to all who emailed me. I am so terribly sorry to have worried you.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I really didn't think I was going to make it yesterday.

Herb filled my prescription from the ER doctor. It was for Fioricet, which is a barbituate, caffeine and Tylenol. The other one was for Roxicet (generic percocet, 5/500 mg). The "5" indicates the strength of the oxycodone and the "500" is the amount of Tylenol.

My regular pain pill is called Roxicodone. It is just the oxycodone without Tylenol and it is 15 mgs. I would have to take 3 of those percocets above in order to reach my usual level of medication. That would mean 1500 mgs of Tylenol. No thanks.

Actually, I made a bargain with myself. If I woke up this morning with no discernable reduction in my pain, then I would swallow three of those horsepills (luckily I have a particular talent for swalling large things. I can take all my pills at once in one gulp).

I awoke this morning feeling much better. I need to contact the DMV to get the number of the truck that ran me over but I think I just might live.

Please don't worry about me. I am too chicken to off myself. I was really in the pit of depression yesterday. Poor Herb is on-call and babysitting a new hire while 2 of the regular 4 guys are out (vacation and sick leave). Then he had to come home to me in no appreciable state of recovery.

I knew I was turning around last night when at 11 PM, I suddenly wanted a piece of the pizza Herb brought home (remember, they don't know how to make pizza in Florida). I ate 2 pieces and drank a large glass of milk, kept it down and cleaned the master bathroom. Well, cleaning was my neurotic way to not have this total disaster of a house to face today.

Anyway, ask mom....I always refused any pills as a child during a migraine. I "knew" they wouldn't do a thing. I sure wish I had continued with that line of thinking. Then again, this may not have been a medication complication. There was a King Kong sized migraine happening in my head.

I wouldn't be surprised if the pain had ebbed just as the trapped miner's situation was resolved. I felt so responsible for them. Thanks Mom....I know that is my legacy from you...not her fault but genetically her trait.

Thanks for talking to me, yesterday. It helped.

£

1 comment:

Kerrie said...

Sorry you're having such a hard time. The folks on Migrainepage have been missing you and wish you well. You're in my thoughts.