
Indy is gone. She was born April 29, 1989. Today, January 28, 2006, we had to have her put to sleep.
She used to weigh 12-13 pounds and after being boarded last April, she seemed to have lost weight. I had her at the vet in June and she had lost one pound. When we had her at the vet today, she only weighed 6 pounds! I was so shocked!
I couldn't stay in the room with her while the vet injected her. I couldn't look back at her after it was done. I can't see the keys as I am typing right now because I am crying.
OK....trying to compose myself. I know we did the right thing but my heart is broken. Cats always break my heart. It doesn't matter how long I have had them. I've run the gamut of a couple of months to 17 years.
My husband is empathetic to my sorrow but he doesn't understand being attached to a pet. How I envy him right now.

2 comments:
Oh, I'm so sorry, Leslie. I understand the pain of losing a pet. Putting my dog down was one of the hardest things I've ever done.
Take good care of yourself. You're in my thoughts.
K
Leslie....I am so very sorry. I know this pain you are feeling all too well. A 17 yr old cat and a 8 mos old Labrador. It is so very painful.
Sorry you are suffering so.
Mianna.
Post a Comment