What was THAT for? Hubby and I retired early to watch tv in bed. It wasn't long before I heard him sawing wood. I eventually got up. My head started to pound and tossing and turning seemed the perfect accompaniment to insomnia.
I tried relaxing on the couch with a heating pad (I had already tried the ice pack) on my head. My cats wouldn't hear of it. Caesar chased Cleo then Cleo chased Caesar. Spitting and growling and loud MEOWING finally came to its apex with Caesar chewing on the electric cord to my lamp.
I wonder if this was all a bid for my attention or are my lamps in danger every night? I watched repeats of the cable news shows in the middle of the night. Finally, at some point, I dozed off. When I heard my husband preparing himself to start his work day, I got up and headed to the bedroom. Wait....first I had to call the vet and cancel Caesar's appointment. My head is going to punish me for this lousy night it had (I know as it has happened many times before). I reached a prerecorded message with a place to leave a message of my own! Goody. I didn't have to wait until they were open at 8. The only thing that has gone my way since my body decided sleep wasn't necessary last night.
I am bushed. I think I have only had about 3 hours of sleep, all told. Definitely not enough for a mammal this size! I will see if I can fix it without imposing on tonight's slumber. Nifty trick if I can manage it!
Thursday, May 04, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment